Friday, May 10, 2019

SOLD: Three "postal art" pictures . . .



I make a lot of postal-oriented pictures. Some are physical collages, others are physical collages that I’ve brought into the computer and tweaked a bit, and some are photomontages done entirely in the computer using my own photos, my collections of stamps, postal ephemera, and more.

I love making these pictures, but I realize they’re not appealing to everyone. I offer them at Fine Art America / Pixels because I like them, and maybe there are some kindred spirits out there who will find them appealing, too.

So when I saw these three come up as having sold the beginning of the year, I was pleasantly surprised. They are matted and framed exactly as the buyer wished (well, except for the bottom one). They make a good-looking combination, don’t you think?

Cote d’Ivoire
This is a print of a physical collage I made using hand-painted papers, handmade papers, Japanese rice paper, and two different vintage postage stamps. Here’s a link to the picture at Fine Art America: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/cote-divoire-carol-leigh.html

Nikkou Sunshine
This is a print of a physical collage I made using a spring-like Japanese stamp, handmade paper, and a monoprint on Japanese rice paper. Here’s a link to the picture at Fine Art America: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/nikkou-sunshine-carol-leigh.html

San Francisco 1952 Air Mail (Square Version)
Minimalistic photomontage incorporating photos of a postage stamp, the side of a truck, a rubber-stamped number, and more. I also created an elongated rectangular version of this image. Here’s a link to the picture at Fine Art America: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/san-francisco-1952-air-mail-square-carol-leigh.html 

(In the sale announcement that FAA sent me, apparently this photo was corrupted, and doesn't appear the same way the previous two do. Pixel mysteries . . .)

Copyright ©2019 Carol Leigh.