Monday, May 13, 2019

My first sale with Fine Art America . . .

This is the first picture I sold at Fine Art America, back in 2012. It's a mixed-media piece, a combination of various old Japanese papers, called "Red Sun."

I didn't know if it would sell, since it's rather different. But being different has made all the difference. This is the type of image I enjoy creating, that makes me feel I'm an "artist," something that photography only occasionally gave me.

So I continue to create what I love, upload it to FAA, and go on to the next. Although a lot of my "straight" photographs do sell, it's mostly my mixed-media collages and photomontages that people are attracted to. And hooray for that!

To see the details up close, here's the link: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/red-sun-collage-carol-leigh.html?product=art-print

All images copyright ©2019 by Carol Leigh.