Monday, August 12, 2019

Recent addition to FAA: "Mourning Dove in the Morning"

Most of my montages are photography-based, to which I then add torn, hand-painted papers, Japanese calligraphy, maybe some circles, etc. until something begins coming together for me.

And that's what happened here.

I photographed this mourning dove, who was dozing in a tree, on a foggy morning in southern California. The tree shape was great; the bird was a bonus. 



The final result, to me, looks like something that’s been in a scrapbook for a long time, has maybe suffered water damage, other papers have stuck to it and have been pulled away, leaving traces behind, etc.

To see more detail, to see what this picture looks enlarged, here’s the link: https://carol-leigh.pixels.com/featured/mourning-dove-in-the-morning-carol-leigh.html

As always, thank you for looking at what I make.

Image Copyright ©2019 Carol Leigh