Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Prayer flags . . . a happy accident



Some of my more popular images is a series of prayer flags I made. I didn’t set out to make prayer flags, however; I was just playing with some of my photos in the computer and they began to appear.

Here’s how I describe them on Fine Art America:
 
As I was creating these images, they began looking more and more like weathered and worn prayer flags, so I followed my intuition and made an entire series of them, adding my own scrawled calligraphy in the center of each one.

I don’t even remember now what photos I combined to create the prayer flag look, but however it happened, it was a surprisingly joyful result.

These are three of the more popular ones I made (a customer bought these three as a set earlier this year), as well as a link to one of my two prayer flag galleries:

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/carol-leigh.html?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=369546

Images copyright ©2019 Carol Leigh