Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Recently added to Fine Art America . . . "Breakwater Abstract"


Ink spatters on a very old Japanese book combine with hand-painted papers, Kanji calligraphy from the cover of an old ledger book, and a rusty piece of metal to create this soft yet bold image.

I particularly like the feeling of standing on a rocky breakwater, watching waves splashing up, looking out to sea. Do I plan this ahead of time? No. I begin by looking at my photographs, wondering what if I add this, what if I add that, and then follow whatever happens. Most of them end up in the trash! Or I set them aside to work on another day.

There's always something new, something different, which makes it all worthwhile.

To see more detail, here's the link: https://carol-leigh.pixels.com/featured/breakwater-abstract-carol-leigh.html 

And here's the link to the square version: https://carol-leigh.pixels.com/featured/breakwater-abstract-square-version-carol-leigh.html


Images copyright ©Carol Leigh 2019