Saturday, June 8, 2019

Sold June 8, 2012 . . . Lockheed Constellation

This is one of my more popular images at Fine Art America/Pixels, selling for the first time on this date in 2012. At one point it was featured on the opening page at their website, which gave it a big boost, and for which I'm grateful.

The plane's pretty cool, isn't it? That unique tail structure, the way it looms large in the frame, the unusual angle.

Here's how I described it at Fine Art America: "Tail section of a Lockheed L-049 TWA Constellation vintage airplane. I'm seeing a lot of people ordering this as a print on metal, and yeah, that's a great choice. The metal print will echo the metal of the plane and will make the sharp picture even sharper."

It all works. And I'm pleased that others think so, too.

Here's the link to a more detailed version: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/lockheed-constellation-carol-leigh.html 

Copyright ©2019 Carol Leigh